The launch of a new paid-for weekly paper due to be published for the first time last Saturday has been postponed.
The Ipswich Post was originally due to hit the shelves on July 6 – but the countdown to launch on its website was later changed to July 13.
However that day came and went and although the Post’s website was updated with some new stories, no print version of the title was published.
Adam Coe, the former Archant advertising executive behind the project, has now told HTFP that the launch had “come up against some problems.”
Adam had hoped the Saturday paper would fill the void left by the Ipswich Star, which axed its Saturday edition in January 2012.
He now says he cannot confirm when the launch date would now be – but is still planning that a print edition will be launched at some point.
“We have come up against some problems that have forced us to delay the launch,” he said.
“It is difficult to explain the issues we are facing in detail.”
He added: “We are a small concern and need to have a good working relationship with Ipswich’s industry leaders.”
“We have had some fantastic support from businesses in the Town and are still very excited about the new newspaper.”
Adam previously worked for Archant for four years in sales and as a business development executive in Norfolk until leaving the company last year.
His initial plan for the Post would have seen the title sold at newsagents and supermarkets for 20p with an initial print run of 12,000. He also planned to hand out free copies to generate interest in the first eight weeks.