Henry Holloway, left, has been appointed as a general news reporter at the Daily Star Online, having previously worked for Brighton daily The Argus.
While at the Newsquest-owned title, he earned a nomination for the HTFP-sponsored Young Journalist prize with his handling of a major national story on his patch.
Henry’s revelation that two Sussex police officers had taken a selfie at the scene of last year’s Shoreham Airshow disaster and shared it on social media with the hashtag #humanBBQ ultimately saw them quit their jobs.
Sussex Police initially stonewalled when asked about the story, but Henry stood up the facts through other sources, leading eventually to a public apology from the chief constable.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include
- Lizzie Anderson has returned to the Northern Echo as a reporter covering Crook and Weardale. She had previously left the paper for a role as communications co-ordinator at St Cuthbert’s Hospice.
- The Yorkshire Evening Post has appointed Georgina Morris as crime reporter. Georgina was formerly deputy communities content editor at a series of Johnston Press sister titles in East Yorkshire.
- Lisa O’Brien has been appointed content manager at the Express & Star.
- Sunday Post Westminster correspondent James Millar has left the paper to join the House of Commons communications team.
- Derry Journal reporter and features writer Ellen Barr has returned from maternity leave.
- Southport Visiter reporter Francesca Fitzsimmons has been seconded to the Liverpool Echo to cover night reporter responsibilities.
- Natalie Walker has left her role as a senior reporter at the Wigan Evening Post to join sister title the Lancashire Evening Post as community reporter.
- Dan Kerins, previously digital editor at the Southern Daily Echo, has been appointed assistant editor of BBC South.
- Ned Bristow has been appointed as a reporter for the Middlewich Guardian.
- Katherine Clementine has left her role as reporter at the Uxbridge Gazette to join the national news agency SWNS.
On the move yourself? Email us at email@example.com with the details.