Elizabeth Joyce, left, who was acting head of news at the Express & Star, left the paper after ten years last month.
She has now taken up a new role as media communications officer at the office of West Midlands Police & Crime Commissioner.
A replacement at the Wolverhampton-based Express & Star is yet to be appointed.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
- Newcastle daily The Chronicle has appointed Laura Hill as reporter. Laura, who was previously a reporter at the Harrogate Advertiser, will also write for sister titles The Journal and Sunday Sun.
- Sam Cooper has joined the Rotherham Advertiser, having left his role as reporter at the Pontefract & Castleford Express
- Sheffield daily The Star has appointed Ellen Beardmore as deputy head of communities. She previously served as political reporter at the newspaper.
- Beren Cross has been appointed as a sports journalist at the Plymouth Herald.
- Rachel Russell has been appointed a reporter at the Enfield Independent.
- Emma Ferguson, a reporter for the Camborne Redruth Packet, Falmouth Packet, West Cornwall Packet, Truro Packet and Helston Packet, is returning from maternity leave this week.
On the move yourself? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.