The changes mean that Holly Robinson, who took over as editor of the Western Telegraph in 2010, will be leaving the business.
Dean Merrick, the publisher at Newsquest West Wales said: “I am delighted to announce the promotion of Steve Adams, who is currently the Editor of the South Wales Guardian in Ammanford, to the new position of Multimedia Editor within the West Wales region.
“Holly Robinson will be leaving after a suitable handover period with Steve, but in the meantime I would like to thank her for all her hard work over the years and wish her all the best for the future.”
Other recent job moves involving regional press journalists include:
- Edinburgh Evening News crime reporter Kaye Nicolson has left the paper to join Scottish TV station STV. A replacement has yet to be appointed.
- South Wales Argus digital and social media reporter Chris Seal has left the title to join the NSPCC as a media officer. Meanwhile the paper had appointed Adam Luke as a senior multimedia journalist.
- Tara Russell has joined the Bournemouth Daily Echo as a reporter after a spell of freelancing. The Echo has also promoted Katie Clark to the role of chief reporter.
- The Essex Echo has appointed Gary Pearson as head of content in addition to his roles as editor of sister titles the Thurrock Gazette, Brentwood Weekly News and the Chelmsford Weekly News
- The Eastern Daily Press has appointed Mark Shields to the role of business editor while reporter Laura James has stepped up to the same position at Stoke daily The Sentinel.
- Two senior editorial leaders have returned from maternity leave at the Gloucestershire Echo. Tanya Gledhill resumes her role as assistant editor while Lucy Parford returns in the new position of features digital editor.
- Georgina Stubbs, formerly a reporter on the Daily Mirror, the Liverpool Echo and the Southport Visitor, has joined the Press Association as a news reporter.
- The Manchester Evening News has appointed Alex Hibbert as acting video editor. Alex was previously a senior reporter for the newspaper.
- Reporter Hayley Mortimer has left the Gloucester Citizen for a new role at BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
- Alex Moore, chief reporter at the Rutland & Stamford Mercury and the Rutland Times, is leaving to join the Sheffield Star.
- Reporter Harriet Collier has left the News Shopper Series in South London.
On the move yourself? Email email@example.com with the details.