Individual award winners will each receive a cheque for £100, certificate and trophy, with all those shortlisted invited to an awards ceremony in July.
Only material published between 19 March 2014 and 18 March 2015 will be eligible for the awards. The deadline for entries is 5pm, Friday 1 May 2015.
Completed entry forms, along with three samples of work, attached as files, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrants can submit work for as many categories as they wish but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and approved by their editor or senior editorial executive.
If you have any questions or queries about the awards, email email@example.com.
The South West of England media awards in July will mark the end of EDF Energy’s 11 year sponsorship of the awards, which cover London and the South, the East of England and South West regions.
HoldtheFrontPage, which co-founded the awards with EDF in 2004, will now be seeking new sponsorship to enable them to continue.
Publisher Paul Linford said: “We, along with the whole journalistic community of the London, South East, South West and East of England regions, are hugely grateful to EDF Energy for their sponsorship of the awards over the past 11 years.
“These awards have a big place in the hearts of journalists in their respective regions and we will do all we can to ensure they continue to do so.”
The full list of award categories is:
• Print Journalist of the Year (Daily)
• Print Journalist of the Year (Weekly)
• Radio Journalist of the Year
• Television Journalist of the Year
• Newcomer of the Year
• Feature Writer of the Year
• News Photographer of the Year
• Designer of the Year
• Sports Journalist of the Yea
• Digital Journalist of the Year
• Specialist Journalist of the Year
• Columnist of the Year
• Daily Newspaper of the Year
• Weekly Newspaper of the Year (Paid-for)
• Weekly Newspaper of the Year (Free)
• Radio News/Current Affairs Programme of the Year
• Television News/Current Affairs Programme of the Year
• Website of the Year
• Front Page of the Year
• Community Campaign of the Year