Entries for the O2 Media Awards for the North West are now open with two new categories for weekly newspaper journalists.
For the first time, this year’s event will include prizes for Weekly Reporter of the Year and Weekly Sports Reporter of the Year.
There will also be an new award for the region’s best TV or Radio Presenter, bringing the total number of awards to 20.
The deadline for entries is September 11, 2014, with work published or broadcast between September 1, 2013 and August 16, 2014 eligible for the individual and team categories.
As in previous years the awards will remain free to enter and the winners will be announced at a ceremony on 13 November at the Imperial War Museum in Manchester.
Entry forms are available by contacting Rossiter Media on 01829 741371 or by e-mail request to O2mediaawards@rossitermedia.co.uk
Paul James, acting head of Communications and Reputation at O2 UK, said the awards had never failed to highlight the tremendous examples of community journalism across the North West region.
He said: “The introduction of additional categories not only reflects the popularity of the awards but charts the changing face of media organisations.
“However we never lose sight of what’s at the heart of this event – the impact regional and community journalism has on its local communities and that’s why we are making this year’s categories even more inclusive.”
The full list of categories is as follows:
• Feature Writer of the Year
• Sports Journalist of the Year
• Photographer of the Year
• Young Journalist of the Year
• TV Broadcast Journalist of the Year
• Radio Broadcast Journalist of the Year
• News Reporter of the Year
• Specialist Writer of the Year
• Broadcast Presenter of the Year
• Weekly Reporter of the Year
• Weekly Sports Reporter of the Year
• Scoop of the Year
• Editorial Team of the Year
• Emerging Talent Award
• New Media Award
• Community Journalism Award
• Specialist Publication of the Year
• Free Distribution Newspaper of the Year
• Weekly Paid For Newspaper of the Year
• Daily Newspaper of the Year