David Clensy, left, has moved from the Western Daily Press in Bristol to become a communications officer for Wiltshire Council.
In 2007 he became chief feature writer on the Bristol Post before moving to sister title the WDP in July 2013.
David was twice named the EDF Energy South West Feature Writer of the Year, winning the award in 2012 and 2014.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Daniel Sanderson has been appointed Scottish political correspondent of The Herald, Glasgow, replacing Robbie Dinwoodie, who has moved to a new role as a leader and opinion writer. Daniel previously worked for the Edinburgh Evening News.
- Nottingham Post has appointed Dan Russell as education correspondent. Dan was previously a senior news reporter for the same title.
- Kay Atwal has left her role at The Docklands and East London Advertiser, Newham Recorder and Barking and Dagenham Post. A replacement has not yet been appointed.
- Gloucestershire County Gazette sports editor Robert Iles has left the paper to join the joint sports desk at the Gloucester Citizen and Gloucestershire Echo. Alan Diggory has been appointed as his replacement and is due to start on Monday.
- Kentish Gazette reporter Jamie Bullen has moved to the Gravesend & Dartford Messenger as chief reporter.
- Essex daily The Echo has appointed Katie Mansfield as senior reporter covering Southend. Katie previously covered the Castle Point area for the paper.