A Sunday title relaunched as a news magazine earlier this year has added a pull-out sports section in response to requests from readers.
The Glasgow-based Sunday Herald abandoned the newspaper format in January in favour of a single-section news magazine.
It has now introduced a sports pull-out following reader feedback and initial responses from readers have not surprisingly been positive.
One reader Tweeted: “Delighted that the Sunday Herald has a pull-out sports section again. Cracking poster too.” Another said: “Love that! Well done for listening.”
Editor Richard Walker said: “We’re proud to respond to our readers. They love the format but wanted to share so by popular demand we’ve changed sport and we’re considering other innovations.”
Bosses at the Newsquest-owned title say advertisers have also welcomed the new format, praising its “vivid design and fine print quality which show adverts at their best.”