Media Relations Executive
|Posted:||Mon 13 Sep 2021|
|Closing Date:||Sun 26 Sep 2021|
Media relations roles
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Media Relations Executive – Business Services Department, Manchester
Salary - Competitive + benefits
Leigh Day is seeking to appoint a dynamic, organised and motivated professional as its Media Relations Executive. It is an excellent opportunity to join a coveted, award winning, specialist law firm, with one of the highest legal media profiles in UK and around the world.
The ground-breaking work of the firm opposes corporations and governments; this leads to challenges in the media as well as many opportunities to highlight the work the firm does. The media relations department looks to build the profile of the firm, protect its reputation, but more importantly, to ensure the client’s interests are always met.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Working directly with the Media Relations Managers and the Head of Media Relations, the role holder support the work of the press office team by drafting website content, maintaining and updating contact list and planners and identifying opportunities for media relations work through news diaries, current affairs and social media.
To be successful you must have:
- Relevant media relations or journalism experience and good news sense and knowledge of current affairs.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a busy environment, independently managing own tasks and prioritising work.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team and providing support to a team.
- Proven ability in demonstrating patience, resilience and flexibility whilst managing daily tasks and stakeholder relationships.
- Understanding of main social media channels.
- Intermediate level proficiency in working with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), HTML and CMS platforms.
- A good understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos.
For more information about this role, please click apply to be redirected to our careers page.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Sunday 26th September 2021.
Leigh DayPanagram 27, Goswell Rd, London EC1M 7AJ,London,EC1M 7AJ United Kingdom