Head of Audience
The News, Portsmouth
|Posted: Thu 11 Jan 2018||Closing Date: Mon 29 Jan 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
The News in Portsmouth is looking for a strategic leader to continue the growth of our digital performance.
You will work with other senior editorial managers and our team of highly-talented journalists to deliver, develop and evolve innovative content in all formats across all our digital channels, building highly-engaged audiences and creating new commercial opportunities.
Chief among your qualities is your ability - and proven track record - in leading teams to success. In delivering our digital growth plan you will engage with and motivate staff and use analytics and digital data to inform your decisions. A self-starter with a passion in your work, you will also be a team player.
This is a key role in an award-winning newsroom based in a great waterfront city on the south coast of England.
- Develop and implement the audience growth strategy for portsmouth.co.uk
- Drive audience through social media, SEO and developing referral partners
- Deliver actionable insights to the team to build audience and revenue growth
- Produce guidelines and training for the team to provide best-in-class working practices for audience development
- Work closely with the JP’s senior digital team to create digital content and maximise opportunities for audience growth
- Communicate progress against audience KPIs to wider team and senior executives
- Maintain active knowledge of the competitive landscape, market innovations, new industry guidelines, and developments in key industry areas.
- A demonstrable background in building significant audiences through digital publishing
- Deep understanding of data and analytics and how to derive actionable insight which can be used to inform content and product decisions
- A background in SEO as well as a deep understanding of how to drive engaged audiences through social media and other websites
- A strong leader and influencer – and a natural collaborator
- Strong journalism experience
- Understanding of media law and the editors’ code
- The experience and people skills required to engage a newsroom environment
- Flexible, personable, and solutions-oriented attitude
Send your applications to editor Mark Waldron: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 29th January 2018.
Johnston Press Portsmouth,PO6