Tottenham Community Press
|Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2018||Closing Date: Mon 25 Jun 2018|
|Employer:||Tottenham Community Press|
|Employment Type:||Part time|
|Salary:||£17,600 for a 28-hour week|
This is a 4-day per week role as Editor for Tottenham Community Press.
Tottenham Community Press has been in print since November 2016, providing high quality, independent local news and features for the local community. In May 2018 we moved from bi-monthly to a monthly publication.
We are now looking to hire a new Editor who will combine editorial duties with project management duties. The Editor will be responsible for producing a community newspaper for Tottenham, liaising with volunteers from the community to develop stories to be included in the paper. The Editor will also work to promote the paper locally and oversee distribution around Tottenham.
This role is suitable for someone who is comfortable working independently and autonomously.
The Editor will be based primarily at the Selby Centre, Selby Road, Tottenham N17 with some remote working.
Community Media Manager, Social Spider CIC
Freelance journalists and volunteers
To engage community groups and individuals based in Tottenham who would like to write about community issues for the paper and to provide them with the support and information to do so. To commission and oversee production of a high quality newspaper by an agreed deadline. To ensure newspaper is known locally and engages with its audience through effective distribution, online presence and community engagement.
1. Writing and editing articles for the newspaper
2. Commissioning contributions from volunteer writers
3. Organising editorial meetings
4. Developing the newspaper’s online presence by uploading articles to the website and
updating social media sites
5. Developing partnerships with other organisations
6. Coordinating production of the newspaper with the designer
7. Working with the designer to proof the paper before the print deadline
8. Representing the newspaper at meetings or events
9. Overseeing distribution and ensuring the newspaper develops its readership
10. Developing relationships with the local community through attending events and
forging new partnerships
11. Developing a membership scheme
12. Applying for funding and developing new income streams for newspaper
13. Ensuring the newspaper reflects the interests and needs of the local community
For any questions regarding the role please email email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a CV, a short covering letter outlining your interest and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 21st June 2018.
Tottenham Community Press
Phone: 020 8521 7956