Editor - South & West
Eastern Daily Press, Diss Mercury Series, Thetford & Watton Times
|Posted: Thu 17 May 2018||Closing Date: Fri 1 Jun 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Would you like to lead our team of reporters in one of the liveliest newsrooms in England, working for the country’s leading regional morning newspaper, two brilliant paid-for weeklies, their associated websites and social media? If so, we want to hear from you.
Archant, publishers of the Eastern Daily Press, Diss Mercury series and Thetford & Watton Times and a host of other titles, is looking for someone with the drive, skills and ambition to take the reins in this beautiful and important patch.
The new editor needs to have a passion for local news, possess excellent all-round journalistic skills, be a great manager and, most importantly, have the vision to harness the opportunities of the digital age while maintaining newspaper quality.
You’ll need to demonstrate you can be at the forefront of fantastic printed publications while also being in charge of brilliant, lively and up-to-the minute websites and developing our video and photographic output.
The job, based in the wonderful towns of Diss and King’s Lynn, as well as in the Norwich head office, will involve editing the Diss Mercury series, and Thetford & Watton Times and their websites, as well as providing daily content for the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News.
The role offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks annual leave and a contributory pension and life assurance scheme (after qualifying period) and a wide range of voluntary benefits include a Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Westfield Health Scheme and Archant Gold, charity matched funding.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
* We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
* Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
* There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
* Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
* Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
* We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, email your completed application along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries contact department administrator Sandra Mackay on 01603 772401.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 1st June 2018.
Archant United Kingdom