In his role for Trinity Mirror, Colin also writes on sport for the Daily Record and Sunday Mail.
He had worked for the Advertiser for the past eight-and-a-half years.
Posting on his personal Twitter feed, Colin said: “It has been an absolute honour to work for the ‘Tiser. I’ve been very fortunate to cover so many great stories and occasions over the years.
“I wish all of Airdrie and Coatbridge’s clubs and sporting stars, especially Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers, best wishes for the future.”
Colin added he was “delighted” to be taking up his new role, which he will combine with his sportswriting duties on the Record and Mail.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Florence Snead has left her role as education correspondent at the Cambridge News to join the Edinburgh Evening News as a reporter. Adam Care takes on the education brief in addition to his role as universities correspondent.
- Judith Duffy has been promoted from senior general news reporter to chief reporter at the Sunday Herald.
- Beth Sharp has moved from the Sidmouth Herald to the Southern Daily Echo as a senior reporter.
- Erin Hutcheon has left her role as a reporter at the Derry Journal
- Staffordshire daily The Sentinel has appointed Asha Carlos as What’s On Writer covering entertainment, music, eating out, film and theatre content.
- Andy Dixon has taken on the role of content editor for the Inverness Courier and Highland News, in addition to his current business editor role at Scottish Provincial Press.
On the move yourself? Share your good news by emailing us at email@example.com.