Belfast Telegraph environment correspondent Linda Stewart, pictured, has left after 11 years with the Independent News and Media-owned title, eight of them in her current role.
Meanwhile Victoria O’Hara has also worked her last day at the Bel Tel after 12 years in which she has worked as a senior reporter, Belfast city reporter and latterly health correspondent.
Both women now plan to work as freelances.
After a spell of freelancing she joined INM as a staff reporter in 2005.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Martin Shaw has stepped up from deputy content editor to become news editor at the Huddersfield Daily Examiner.
- Louise Hepburn is leaving her role as West Norfolk reporter at the Eastern Daily Press tomorrow to join a local online marketing firm as a creative content specialist.
- Sam Russell, previously a senior reporter at the EDP, has been appointed regional reporter, East Anglia at the Press Association.
- Lifestyle editor Ray Philp has left the staff of The Scotsman.
- Sarah Robinson has been appointed chief reporter at the Weston Mercury & North Somerset Times websites.
- Chester Chronicle and Ellesmere Port Pioneer sports reporter Jim Green has left the papers.
- Gael Stigant has moved from the role of deputy head of multimedia at Sheffield daliy The Star to become head of news at the Yorkshire Evening Post.
- Katie French has been appointed political correspondent at Exeter weekly the Express & Echo. She was previously a reporter at the Mid Devon Gazette.
- Estel Farell-Roig has been appointed as a reporter at the South Wales Argus.
- Jeff Travis has left his role as reporter at Portsmouth daily The News to become a PR and media consultant.
- Graeme Lafferty has left his role as senior sports reporter at the Alloa Advertiser to take on a media relations role at Ingen Technical. However he will continue to cover the club on a freelance basis for the paper.
- Debra Fox has been promoted from the role of digital reporter to social media editor at Johnston Press North East.
- Rebecca Jones has left her role as senior journalist at the South Wales Evening Post to join Welsh Water as a communications officer.
- The Herald & Times Group has appointed Stewart Weir as head of sport covering The Herald, Evening Times, Sunday Herald and The National.
On the move yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.