A national sports news agency has made four additions to its editorial team ahead of what is expected to be a busy sporting summer.
Sportsbeat, based in London and Manchester, provides copy for national and regional print and broadcast media as well as a number of sporting governing bodies.
News reporters Phil Jones of the Southend Echo and Andrew Lawton of the Swindon Advertiser have now joined the organisation as senior reporters.
And Katie Falkingham has been appointed as a reporter after graduating from the award-winning NCTJ Diploma in Sports Journalism course the agency runs alongside its sister company News Associates.
In addition, Tom Bradley has joined Sportsbeat’s broadcast team as a multimedia editor.
Sportsbeat editor-in-chief David Parsons said: “We’re delighted with these quality new additions to our editorial team as we head into a busy summer of sport.”
Other recent job moves in the regional press and related sectors include the following:
- Louise Berwick, previously content editor at the Kent & Sussex Courier, has landed a national newspaper role as a reporter at the Daily Star.
- Jo Gilbert has been appointed senior reporter at Harpers Wine & Spirit magazine. She was previously a senior reporter at the East Grinstead Courier & Observer
- The Wharf has appointed Laura Enfield as senior reporter to focus on lifestyle, property, business, entertainment, health and travel. Alex McIntyre has also joined the title as a senior reporter.
- Donna-Louise Bishop has left her position as senior reporter at Archant Norfolk, working across the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News.
- The Bolton News and Bury Times have appointed Mike Glendinning as sports writer. Mike joins the paper from the Macclesfield Express where he was sports editor.
- Iain Pope has rejoined the Daily Record and Sunday Mail as head of digital news, moving from his digital intake editor role at STV. He replaces Lindsey Archibald who has moved to the Herald & Times Group.
- Ellie House has left her role as a senior reporter at the Inverness Courier to join Media Scotland as a digital journalist.
- Joel Durkin, previously the business and data analyst at Farmers Guardian, has been appointed features editor at North West Business Insider.
- Alice Rose has been appointed as a reporter at the South Wales Argus, covering Newport city centre.
- Amanda Nicholls has been appointed editor at The Bristol Magazine.
- Shruti Sheth has been appointed as a reporter at the Bucks Free Press.
On the move yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.