Among those on the move is award-winning Southern Daily Echo feature writer and Your Lifestyle editor Tara Russell, left, who has left the paper to go freelance.
Tara made a stunning entrance into the industry in 2010 when she was named both Newcomer of the Year and Daily Print Journalist of the Year at the EDF Energy London and South of England Media Awards.
She is now available for lifestyle feature commissions and can be reached on email@example.com.
Here’s a round-up of other recent job moves in the regional press and related sectors.
- Cambs Times chief reporter Dan Mansfield has been promoted to content editor on Archant sister title with Hunts Post where he will deputise for editor Stefan Bartlett.
- The Press and Journal has appointed Lindsay Jane Watling as its Westminster correspondent. Lindsay joins the newspaper from the Press Association, where she was a political reporter.
- Laura Proto, previously chief reporter at the Richmond & Twickenham Times and Elmbridge Guardian, has been appointed online reporter at the London Evening Standard.
- Megan Archer has been appointed senior reporter at the Oxford Mail, moving from Newsquest sister title the Wilts & Gloucestershire Standard
- Regional online business publication, BDaily, has appointed Richard Bell as North West Correspondent. He previously worked as a senior content editor at Engage Web in Ellesmere Port.
- Walsall Evening Chronicle reporter Lee Kettle has left the paper.
- Cambridge News and Cambridge Magazine what’s on editor Ella Walker has left the paper to work on the features desk at the Press Association. Cambridge Magazine features writer Lydia Fallon has taken on the what’s on editor role.
- The Press Association has appointed Ella Buchan as acting assistant editor (Exclusive Features). She will also serve as acting deputy editor on the Pick Me Up! monthly specials.
- Rebecca Heyes has been appointed reporter at Somerset County Gazette
- William Tomaney has left his role as senior reporter at Shropshire Star
- Worcester News has promoted reporter Catherine Phillips to social media editor.
On the move yourself? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.