A well-known motoring writer, Steve has had a long career in regional and local newspapers most recently as news editor for the Western Morning News in Plymouth.
He has also previously had stints as chief reporter for the Evening Post, Bristol, staff writer/sub-editor for Fleet Week, Fleet Management and Business Car magazines, senior reporter for the Evening Herald, Plymouth and reporter for the Chard and Ilminster News, Somerset.
BMG managing director Keith Macintyre said: “We are delighted to have recruited someone with Steve’s experience and look forward to him developing our titles in print and online and leading our talented editorial team to build on the fantastic start they have made to 2015.”
Steve replaces Simon Williams who left at the end of last year.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Clare Burnett has joined TheBusinessDesk.com as its deputy editor for Yorkshire. She was previously editor for Bdaily in the county and oversaw the business news website’s expansion into four other regions.
- Phil Dewey has been appointed as a multimedia journalist at WalesOnline
- The Western Morning News’ chief sports writer Bill Sobey has left the paper. He has taken up a role with the University of Plymouth.
- Selby Times reporter Rachel Taylor has been appointed news editor at the title. Kezia Buckley is now deputy editor at the Selby Times and Goole Times.
- Kate McMullin has been appointed as a reporter at The Bolton News.