Chloe Hubbard, who edited the North Devon Journal from 2012 to 2013, has become assistant editor of Telegraph.co.uk.
It continues a meteoric rise for Chloe, pictured left, who was chief reporter of the Journal before being given the editor’s role in March 2012.
She later went on to join the ‘transformation team’ for parent company Local World before leaving to pursue a career in national media.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
* Sophia Sleigh has left her role as chief reporter at the Wandsworth Gurdian to join the London Evening Standard as a news reporter on the night news team. Sophia has previously also worked as a senior reporter at the Sutton Guardian.
* The Manchester Evening News has appointed Alexandra Rucki as senior reporter. Alexandrea joins from the London Evening Standard where she was an online journalist.
* The Press and Journal has promoted Calum Ross to political editor. He was previously the paper’s Westminster correspondent.
* Two promotions have been announced at the Surrey Mirror. Senior reporter Shams Al-Sharkarchi becomes content editor of the title, while chief reporter Chris Madden becomes content editor of sister paper the Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser.
* The Burton Mail has appointed Lucy Grosvenor and Antoine Omisore as trainee reporters. Both will work across the print and online editions.
* Worthing Herald deputy content editor Katherine Hollisey-McLean has become content editor for all Johnston Press Sussex titles, including the Herald, the Littlehampton Gazette and the West Sussex County Times.
* Tim Nash, previously Wolves correspondent at the Express & Star, has become Shrewsbury Town correspondent for the Shropshire Star. Tim Spiers has been appointed as his replacement.
* Helen Keates, news editor and travel content editor at South Wales Evening Post, has left her role.
On the move yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.