Connie Osborne, pictured left, joined the Redditch Standard as a trainee reporter and quickly rose through the ranks to become deputy editor.
She has now left the Bullivant Media title to join the West Mercia and Warwickshire Police press office.
Said Connie: “I’m going to miss Redditch. Everyone has been so welcoming and it’s been a pleasure meeting members of the community, councillors, all of Redditch in fact.
“I will miss the Standard as well, the people there are like family to me and are the nicest, most dedicated team of people I have ever had the pleasure of coming across.”
Standard editor Ross Crawford added: “Connie has been a first class friend and colleague and we’re sad to see her go. We will truly miss her.”
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
- Angela Cole has become senior features writer at the KM Group, writing for the group’s What’s On publication which goes in every paid for paper. Angela was previously chief reporter for the Kent Messenger.
- Blackpool Gazette education and investigations reporter Katie Upton has left the paper.
- The Press Association has appointed Fran Bowden as editor (exclusive features) replacing Rachel Williams who is now freelancing. Fran joins from Real People magazine where she was deputy editor. PA showbiz correspondent Robert Dex has left the agency to join the London Evening Standard as arts correspondent.
- Burton Mail reporter Laura Hammond has left the paper to join Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as a media and communications officer.
- Harrogate Advertiser Series news editor Alexander Johnston is now content editor of the Advertiser and sister titles the Ripon Gazette, Knaresborough Post, Wetherby News and Nidderdale Herald.
- Birmingham Mail reporter Katy Hallam has left the paper.
- Andre Langlois, acting news editor at the Surrey Advertiser and Woking Advertiser, has been confirmed in the role.
- Western Morning News has appointed Kate Langston to the role of political reporter. She was previously a trainee reporter at the paper.
- Bethany Wash has been appointed as a reporter at the Thornbury Gazette.
- The East Grinstead Courier has appointed Rachel Barr as reporter. She was previously a reporter at the Wiltshire Gazette & Herald.
- Alice Foster has left her role as a reporter at Epsom Guardian.
On the move yourself? Let us know at email@example.com.