Entries are now open for the 2014 Midlands Media Awards with Sky News managing editor Peter Lowe once again chairing the judges.
The awards, which aim to recognise the region’s leading journalists, broadcasters, photographers and bloggers, will be handed out at The Holte Suite, Villa Park, on Thursday June 5.
Entries for each of the 22 categories are open till 31 March and must relate to material published or broadcast between March 2013 and March 2014.
Peter will chair a panel of judges which include newspaper journalists, broadcasters and PR consultants.
He said: “I feel very honoured to be asked back again to chair the Midlands Media Awards. And I’m delighted to do it because of the experience of last year.
“It was clear that while the media landscape constantly changes and the climate for local and regional newspapers remains a challenging one, the quality of journalism throughout the Midlands media was extremely high.”
Full details of the awards can be found on the website www.midlandsmediaawards.co.uk. The full list of categories is as follows:
- Blogger of the Year
- Business Journalist of the Year
- Campaign of the Year
- Columnist of the Year
- Feature Writer of the Year
- Headline of the Year
- Journalist of the Year
- Magazine of the Year
- Public Choice
- Newcomer / Student of the Year
- Newspaper of the Year
- News Photo of the Year
- News Reporter of the Year (Daily)
- News Reporter of the Year (Weekly)
- News Website of the Year
- Radio Journalist of the Year
- Scoop of the Year
- Sports Journalist of the Year
- Sports Photographer of the Year
- Supplement of the Year
- The Tony Flanagan Award for News Photography
- Television Journalist of the Year