With just a week to go until entries have to be submitted to the EDF Energy East of England Media Awards, the judging line-up has been revealed.
Former Sentinel Newspapers editor-in-chief Sean Dooley will team up with Yorkshire Evening Post editor Paul Napier and Midland Weekly Newspapers editorial director Tony Lennox for judging on December 13.
They will be joined by news agency director and former regional newspaper photographer Nigel Bowles and former BBC TV and radio reporter Karen Ainley, who also started her career in newspapers.
Completing the panel will be Claire Byrd, former Brighton Argus news editor, who is now EDF Energy’s regional media manager.
They will spend a day at the Derby headquarters of holdthefrontpage.co.uk, judging entries across 19 print and broadcast categories.
Entries have to be in by the end of Friday, December 7 – so check which categories you could enter. You’ll need one form for each entry, to be countersigned by your editor.
These regional awards attracted more than 200 entries last year and some 20 titles and broadcasters fought it out for the awards, which give a trophy to the company categories and a £100 cheque for individual winners.
The awards take in newspapers and broadcasters in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and parts of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
Our judges are:
Categories for individuals comprise:
– Print Journalist of the Year (Daily)
– Print Journalist of the Year (Weekly)
– Radio Journalist of the Year
– Television Journalist of the Year
– Newcomer of the Year
– Feature Writer of the Year
– News Photographer of the Year
– Sports Journalist of the Year
– Business Journalist of the Year
– Environmental Journalist of the Year
– Columnist of the Year
Categories for newspapers and broadcasting companies are:
– Daily Newspaper of the Year
– Weekly Newspaper of the Year (Paid-for)
– Weekly Newspaper of the Year (Free)
– Front Page of the Year
– Radio News/Current Affairs Programme of the Year
– Television News/Current Affairs Programme of the Year
– Website of the Year
– Community Campaign of the Year
The awards take in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and parts of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday, December 7, and should be sent to:
10 Nottingham Road,
Derby, DE1 3QT.
Questions or queries about the awards or the event itself, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.