A national freelance journalist has taken up a new role as a business writer at a regional daily.
Jessica has previously written for The Sun, Daily Mail, and The National newspaper in the United Arab Emirates, as well as South Essex daily The Echo.
The 39 year-old said:”“I’m very much looking forward to touching base with local business people, and hearing about the key issues that are affecting industries in this region.
“Whether that’s celebrating local businesses achieving their key milestones, hard-hitting news about job losses or creation, or the impact of Brexit on a local level, I’ll be reporting on the stories that count.”
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
- Joel Adams, previously local government and politics reporter at Brighton daily The Argus, has left the paper to take up the role of news editor at Latest TV Brighton, as well as working part-time as a reporter for the Telegraph. Meanwhile the paper has appointed Jamie Walker as entertainment writer, replacing Edwin Gilson has also left to become a press officer with the University of Brighton.
- Harrison Jones has been appointed as a trainee reporter at the Oxford Mail, covering the areas of Wantage, Grove and Wallingford.
- Mark Dowling, previously story editor at the Chester Chronicle, has joined Newsquest North Wales as a journalist for the Chester & District Standard and Ellesmere Port Standard.
- Folkestone & Hythe Express and Kentish Express reporter Sean Axtell has been promoted to the role of chief reporter at the two KM Group-owned titles.
- Alex Ballinger has been appointed environment reporter at the Bristol Post, specialising in environment and transport matters in addition to general news.
- Adam Theofilatos has joined the SWNS news agency team, having previously worked as reporter for the Bracknell News Series and the Reading Chronicle.
- Calum Petrie, formerly managing editor with academic publisher Taylor & Francis, has joined The Press and Journal as a reporter.
On the move yourself? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or via @journalism_news on Twitter.