A former regional journalist who went on to become a national newspaper’s royal correspondent has taking up a directorship at a PR agency.
Duncan Larcombe, who began his career on the Kent & Sussex Courier, has taken up the role with Kent-based agency Zest, where he will help provide crisis communications, reputation management, personal brand promotion and media training.
Duncan began working at the Courier in 1997, in the week Princess Diana died, and spent three years with the newspaper, becoming its chief reporter.
He later went on to serve as both royal correspondent and defence editor for The Sun.
Zest MD Belinda Collins said: “We are really pleased to go into partnership with Duncan. He brings something extra to our offering with his Fleet Street connections and experience in crisis and reputation management.”
Added Duncan: “I had an amazing time travelling the world and I built a good working relationship with Prince William. I was also privileged to visit Afghanistan to report on our troops.
“However, all things come to an end and I felt now was the right time to write a new chapter in my career.
“I have been thinking about setting up in PR for a while now and after hearing about Belinda’s plans for Zest, it helped me make that decision.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- The Sunday Post has promoted political editor Andrew Picken to the new role of politics and investigations editor. Andrew previously served as Political Editor at the title.
- Yorkshire Post Westminister correspondent Kate Proctor has joined the London Evening Standard as political reporter.
- Shaun Lowthorpe, business publishing editor at the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, has left the Archant titles.
- News editor Ian Morris has been promoted to assistant editor at the Hereford Times.
- Gary Ellis has left his role as sports editor at the Lurgan Mail.
- Rebecca Taylor has left her role as senior reporter at the Wandsworth Guardian.
- Franki Berry has been appointed as a reporter working across the Saffron Walden Reporter and Dunmow Broadcast titles.
- Ryan O’Donovan has been appointed sports journalist at Get Hampshire.
- Matt Scrafton has been appointed Blackpool FC reporter at Blackpool daily The Gazette.
On the move yourself? Email us at email@example.com with the details.