Les Reid won multiple awards in his former role as political reporter of the Coventry Telegraph before leaving the paper in 2014.
He later joined free weekly rival the Coventry Observer where he continued to carry out a series of investigations into the running of Coventry City Football Club as well as the city council.
Les has now been promoted from the role of deputy editor at the Bullivant Media-owned title to the editor’s chair, and will also edit the Solihull Observer.
Back in his Telegraph days, Les was named Columnist of the Year at the Regional Press Awards for 2012 and was also Midlands Journalist of the Year in both 2012 and 2013.
Earlier this year, Les he was shortlisted at the Regional Press Awards in the weekly sports journalist of the year category.
Other recent job moves in the regional press and related sectors include the following:
* Claire McKim has moved from the role of assistant news editor on The Scotsman to become news editor at sister title the Edinburgh Evening News.
* The Birmingham Mail’s advance sports content writer Aidan McCartney is now on secondment at Devon Live. He is due to return to Birmingham in October.
* Patricia Devlin, who won multiple awards at Belfast’s Sunday Life before joining the Irish Daily Star in Dublin, has now joined Irish tabloid Sunday World.
* Rebecca Buchan has been appointed business editor of the Press & Journal, Aberdeen, having previously served as assistant news editor at the DC Thomson title.
* Express & Star reporter Nathan Briant has left the Black Country daily to join the Oxford Mail as local government reporter.
* Kate Devlin, who was Westminster Correspondent of The Herald, has joined the Sunday Express as deputy political editor.
* Sam Acourt has been promoted to the role of chief reporter at South Hams Newspapers.
* Emma Rosemurgey has joined the Bury Times as reporter. She was previously online editor at University of Central Lancashire student union magazine The Pulse.
* Miranda Airey has joined the Gloucestershire Gazette as a reporter, replacing Rachel Dinning who left last month after six months at the paper. Miranda will cover news in the Yate and Sodbury areas.
* Tom Pugh, South East of England correspondent at the Press Association, is leaving the agency after 11 years to join BBC South East Today as a reporter.
* Katrina Chilver has joined the Leicester Mercury as digital journalist/assistant digital editor from sister title the Coventry Telegraph where she was a reporter.
* Kentish Express reporter Molly Mileham-Chappell is leaving the paper this month to join sister radio station kmfm as a reporter/newsreader.
* Jason Kayley has been appointed deputy news editor of the Lancashire Telegraph.
* Mark Connor has joined the Alloa Advertiser as a senior reporter focusing on Clackmannanshire. He has previously worked at news agencies SWNS and Deadline News.
* Adam Hill has been promoted to the role of senior reporter at Dundee’s Evening Telegraph.
On the move yourself? Let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @journalism_news.