Gareth Davies, who shares his name with another award-winning journalist, won the HTFP-sponsored Young Journalist of the Year prize at last year’s Regional Press Awards while working for Brighton daily The Argus.
Gareth, pictured left after receiving the award, worked his last day with the Newsquest-owned title last month and has now taken up his new role.
He had been at The Argus for three and a half years, graduating from trainee to senior reporter specialising in education, and was also editor-in-chief of the weekly Youth in Action supplement
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Toby Porter has moved from the role of sports editor at the South London Press and Mercury Series to become a news reporter. Richard Cawley takes his place as sports editor.
- South Wales Evening Post football reporter Gareth Vincent has left the paper to join the media team at Swansea City Football Club.
- The Essex Echo has appointed Charlotte Austen-Hardy as chief reporter. Charlotte was previously deputy chief reporter at the Chelmsford Weekly News and Brentwood Weekly News.
- Chester Chronicle and Ellesmere Port Pioneer senior reporter Carmella De Lucia has left the papers to go on maternity leave.
- Rachel Barr has been appointed features writer at Retail Newsagent. She was previously a reporter at the East Grinstead Courier & Observer
On the move yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.