An award-winning journalist and rising star on a regional daily has quit the industry to return to university.
Emily Koch of the Bristol Post was named Young Journalist of the Year at the Regional Press Awards in 2012 and had risen to become deputy news editor at the Local World title.
She also won the Digital Journalist of the Year award at this year’s EDF Energy South west Media Awards.
Emily, pictured, left the Post on 12 September to study for a masters’ degree.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- The South Wales Evening Post has appointed Chris Campbell as property editor. Chris, who is currently property and jobs editor at Local World titles The Citizen, Gloucestershire Echo, Stroud Life and South West Business joins on 29 September.
- News editor Danny Boyle is leaving Kent Online to join the Daily Telegraph’s online team.
- Llanelli Star has appointed Steffan Storch as reporter to focus on the Gwendraeth valley area. Stefan joined the paper this month following an editorial internship at the Carmarthen Journal.
- The Yorkshire Post has appointed Naomi Rainey as business reporter. She was previously a senior reporter at Incisive Media.
- Sussex Express chief reporter Rupert Taylor has left the paper. Rupert is set to join the Eastbourne Herald as acting head of news.