A weekly newspaper in East Sussex has announced it is on the lookout for new premises.
The Bexhill Observer is closing the reception at its current offices in the town although journalists will continue to be based there until a new base is found.
A story in last week’s paper read: “As from next Monday, July 9, the reception at the Observer’s Sackville Road office will close.
“Changing customer practices mean that few people now place advertisements over the counter. Most contact is with our editorial team and our reporters – although we will shortly be looking for a new base for them in the town – will, for the time being, remain at Sackbille Road.”
Editor-in-chief Keith Ridley said: “We remain fully committed to Bexhill and to our edition for the town and its surrounding communities.”
He said there would be a relaunch of the title in September – part of publisher Johnston Press’s ongoing relaunch of all its paid-for weekly and daily titles over the course of 2012.