Video and Content Executive
Professional Cricketers’ Association
|Posted:||Wed 12 Jan 2022|
|Closing Date:||Thu 27 Jan 2022|
|Employer:||Professional Cricketers’ Association|
Other media roles
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Video and Content Executive – supporting Head of Communications and Team of the Professional Cricketers’ Association.
Salary: £27-30k (depending on experience), performance-related bonus and an extensive benefits package including private health insurance, mobile phone and laptop.
The Professional Cricketers’ Association is the representative body for current and former professional cricketers in England and Wales and champions their ongoing interests. The PCA is seeking to appoint a Video and Content Executive to join the team based at The Kia Oval.
As a leading professional players’ association, the work of the Communications team is vital in maintaining awareness of everything the PCA does for its members. With members being the main focus for all content created within the Communications team, a position within the department offers huge variety from the PCA Awards to those who have benefited from of the players’ charity, the Professional Cricketers’ Trust.
The Communications team sits at the heart of the PCA and supports all areas of the Association to provide tools to help each department thrive.
Working as part of the three-person Communications team, you will provide content across all of PCA’s channels to follow the Communications and Digital Strategy.
To promote key messages through a range of digital channels, including social media and thepca.co.uk.
To play a lead role in the production of video and digital content, including filming, editing and posting video. In-house video and digital production will include working with the Professional Cricketers’ Trust, on the Most Valuable Player Rankings and support across the business.
The varied role will include relevant support of other tasks within the Communications team to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of sport in general, and cricket in particular
- Experience in producing varied video content from pre to post-production
- Advanced skill using video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro
- A basic understanding of using graphic design software such as Photoshop
- Experience in using social media/digital marketing in a business context
- Strong understanding of brand consistency and development
- Experience of working with WordPress or similar CMS
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to write copy and create content
- A proactive, positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Creative ideas with the ability to turn ideas into action
- Ability to adapt to a varied workflow in producing content for contrasting purposes
- An ability to work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours in evenings and weekends with ability to travel for events and meetings
- Educated to degree, HND or equivalent level
- Experience of working with elite level athletes and handling confidential information
- Experience of working in PR, Marketing or Internal Comms would be an advantage
- Experience of working with motion graphics such as After Effects
- Have experience in one or more of the following:
o Working in professional sport
o Working for a charity
o Working on campaigns
o Providing analytical reports
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A covering letter explaining your suitability and desire for this position
- A portfolio with five pieces of work you believe are relevant to the role
- Responses to the following questions:
1. What is your eligibility status to work in the UK?
2. Do you live in commutable distance of the vacancy you are applying for?
3. What is your current salary?
4. What is your required salary in this role?
5. Please confirm that the information you have provided in your application and CV is true and accurate
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion/belief or marital status.
For more information please see the ‘Full Job Description’ and visit www.thepca.co.uk/jobs
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 27 January 2022.
Interviews will take place at The Kia Oval, London.
First interviews will be held on 2 February 2022.
Second interviews will be held on 9 February 2022.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 27th January 2022.
Professional Cricketers’ Association United Kingdom