The Herts Advertiser
|Posted:||Thu 24 Jan 2019|
|Closing Date:||Fri 15 Mar 2019|
|Employer:||The Herts Advertiser|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
The Herts Advertiser is looking for a talented and ambitious Trainee Reporter who can hit the ground running in our lively newsroom.
We want someone who combines sound news judgement and multimedia awareness to build on our 163-year reputation for insightful and informative community journalism.
We are keen on recruiting someone who has a comprehensive understanding of how social media can play a crucial role in news gathering, promoting a brand’s position in its marketplace and engaging readers, but also understands the benefits of video as a way of telling stories.
We are looking for a self-starter with drive and enthusiasm keen to begin their career reporting on life in the lively district of St Albans from our 14th century offices in the heart of this beautiful and historic city.
It is essential that you will have completed an NCTJ-approved pre-entry course – we will not see candidates whose courses are not accredited.
You must also hold 100wpm shorthand and be in possession of a full UK driver’s licence. The successful candidate must be prepared to move onto the patch within the first three months of employment.
Closing date for applications is Jan 10 and we expect shortlisted candidates to be available soon after for interview.
The successful candidate must hold a full valid driving licence and be prepared to move onto the patch within the first three months of employment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- £17,160 per annum
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold - matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Access to reductions in many retail stores throughout the UK – holidays, supermarkets, utility bills, clothing, household, 1000s of ££ savings
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to Group Editor Matt Adams at email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 15th March 2019.
The Herts Advertiser United Kingdom