Trainee or Senior Reporter
East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star
|Posted:||Wed 6 Feb 2019|
|Closing Date:||Fri 22 Feb 2019|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Would you like to join one of the most lively, innovative and forward-thinking news teams in the east, working for some of the country’s best and brightest daily and weekly newspapers and websites? If so, then we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for a trainee or senior reporter to join the news team for the East Anglian Daily Times and its sister paper the Ipswich Star, contributing to our print titles, their ever-growing websites and a host of successful weekly publications and websites.
This full-time role would suit someone who has a passion for news and wants to break into local journalism, has cut their teeth on a good weekly paper and is looking to move into quality daily journalism or someone already on a daily newspaper looking for a fresh challenge.
You will have:
- A formal journalistic qualification (full NCTJ including 100 wpm shorthand minimum for trainees, seniors at NQJ level 5 or equivalent)
- For seniors, at least two years’ recent reporting experience on a daily or weekly newspaper
- Excellent news judgement
- Lots of ideas for print and digital platforms
- A good knowledge of Suffolk
- The ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
You will be working on the East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich Star and relevant weekly publications and their associated websites.
SALARY & BENFITS
- Basic starting salary of £18,000 pa (trainees), seniors circa £25,000 pa
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Plus, the opportunity to work on highly respected papers and the chance to live in one of the most beautiful regions in the country!
We will be calling and shortlisting for interview on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please see further details on our website www.archant.co.uk/careers/vacancies and email your completed application to email@example.com. For any queries contact Jane Berry, HR Advisor on 01473 324865.
Closing date for receiving completed applications is 22 February 2019.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 22nd February 2019.