Senior Reporter - South & West
Eastern Daily Press, Diss Mercury Series
|Posted: Thu 17 May 2018||Closing Date: Thu 24 May 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Would you like a role in one of the most lively, innovative and forward-thinking news teams in the east, working for some of the country’s best and brightest daily and weekly newspapers and websites?
If so, then we want to hear from you.
You will join the news team of England’s biggest-selling regional morning newspaper, its best and brightest evening paper, their ever-growing websites and a host of successful weekly publications and websites.
This full-time role, based in our Diss office, would suit someone who is qualified to at least NQJ accredited senior journalist or equivalent status with recent reporting experience and a passion for news.
You will be working for the Eastern Daily Press, Norwich Evening News and relevant weekly publications and their associated websites.
In return we offer a competitive salary, together with 5 weeks annual leave. Other benefits include a contributory pension and life assurance scheme (after qualifying period) and a wide range of voluntary benefits including a Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Westfield Health Scheme and Archant Gold, charity matched funding.
Plus, the opportunity to work on highly respected papers and the chance to live in one of the most beautiful regions in the country!
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
* We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
* Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
* There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
* Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
* Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
* We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, e-mail your completed application to email@example.com For any queries contact department administrator Sandra Mackay on 01603 772401.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 24th May 2018.
Archant United Kingdom