Senior PR Executive
Strand PR Ltd
Based: Hybrid remote in Royston
|Posted:||Tue 21 Nov 2023|
|Closing Date:||Tue 2 Jan 2024|
PR & comms officers
PR account executives
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||£22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year|
|Sector:||Public Relations, Other Media|
About the opportunity
As a PR Executive at Strand PR, you will be working directly with the Editorial Manager to produce content from press releases to blogs to support a wide range of clients.
At Strand PR, we pride ourselves on the high standard of our ready-to-use press releases and impactful blogs. You will be an excellent writer, able to use different tones of voice as required, and be able to produce content that is engaging and authoritative.
- 20 days holiday a year plus bank holidays and two mental health days
- Pension contributions
- Hybrid working
- Social events
- Healthcare top up which includes up to - £180 for dental cover, £180 for optical cover, £500 for therapy treatments (physiotherapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, osteopathy), £75 for chiropody treatments and much more for you and your children too.
- Discounts on gym memberships and with over 1,000 retailers, restaurants and destinations
- Training and development
- Access to industry courses and qualifications
The primary responsibilities of the role will be:
You will have an essential role in communicating stories and delivering messages that create a meaningful connection between clients and their audiences.
To excel in this position, you must possess a range of skills and be adaptable in various roles. You must have expertise in copywriting, as well as the capability to understand briefs, comprehend brand identity and address client challenges.
The role would particularly suit an NCTJ-qualified journalist looking to move into PR and marketing.
- Create compelling content: You will be responsible for creating written content that effectively communicates the message of our clients. This can include press releases, articles, blog posts, white papers, social media posts, and more.
- Understand a client’s needs: You must be confident working closely with clients to understand the brand messaging and goals, and to ensure that the content accurately reflects the client’s values and voice.
- Conduct research: To create effective content, you may need to research industry trends, competitor activities and other relevant information.
- Editing and proofreading: You will be encouraged to ‘get it right, first time’ and ensure that all content is free of errors, grammatically correct, and meets our quality standards.
- Meet deadlines: You will be expected to work within tight deadlines to ensure that content is delivered on time and meets the client’s needs.
- Stay up-to-date: You must stay current with emerging trends and changes in the industry to ensure that content is relevant and effective.
- Contribute to creative ideas: You will be expected to contribute to brainstorming sessions and to help develop new creative concepts and campaigns.
- Liaise with team members: As well as the Editorial Manager, you will work closely with Account Managers and our graphic designer.
- Distributing and selling-in: You will be the first point of contact internally for utilising our software, distributing and selling-in stories.
- Former journalist with NCTJ is preferred
- At least two years' experience as a copywriter or journalist preferred
- Capable of building strong relationships with our clients
- Sharp attention to detail
Passionate – You’ll be an avid supporter of the team and your clients
Ambitious – You will propel client success and success for the agency as a whole
Curious – You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and use this curiosity to deliver incredible outcomes
Customer-focused – You will be a highly organised person with great attention to detail who thrives on developing and maintaining close relationships with clients
And finally, a cracking human being. We’re all about people at Strand PR.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
About Strand PR
Strand PR is the no-nonsense PR, communications and marketing agency. Our passion is helping businesses communicate key messages to their target audience in the right way.
Whatever our clients’ requirements, we’ve got the skills to deliver results – and our comms toolbox boasts the full package; from tried-and-tested PR techniques to the latest digital marketing innovations.
Established in 2012, Strand PR is based just outside Royston in Hertfordshire – within the beautiful grounds of the Cokenach Estate in Barkway.
We’re far from just a small, rural agency, though. We’re proud to have worked with businesses of all sizes, from the length and breadth of the UK and around the world, in multiple sectors.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free flu jabs
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Royston: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- A-Level or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Royston
Please email a CV and Covering letter to: [email protected]
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 2nd January 2024.
Strand PR United Kingdom