Routeone and Coach Drivers' Club
|Posted:||Fri 10 May 2019|
|Closing Date:||Fri 7 Jun 2019|
|Employer:||Diversified Communications UK|
Digital content producers
Other media roles
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Specialist Media, Other Media|
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Senior Journalist to work across our Coach and Bus portfolio.
This is a rare opportunity to join our editorial team, working across our market-leading business-to-business publications (digital and print) in the coach and bus sector.
We produce a weekly routeone, monthly Coach Drivers’ Club magazine, an annual Tourism Yearbook and various supplements throughout the year with a growing online news and feature presence. We are a small, friendly editorial team that aims to deliver the best content and delight our readers.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, producing high quality, relevant content that is consistent with the magazines’ editorial voice. You must be confident in establishing relationships with key figures within this sector contributing to the development of digital and traditional formats.
Diversified Communications UK is part of a rapidly growing, highly successful trade exhibition and media group, with our head office in Portland, Maine, USA.
Here in the UK we organise 15 highly successful trade shows, all of them leaders in their sectors, as well as publishing several market leading trade magazines. We also produce a range of digital products that support the industries we work in. Over 105 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton, Cotswolds, Peterborough and London offices, all focused on creating the best possible exhibiting and visiting experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on providing a fun and inspiring workplace, combined with an entrepreneurial, 'can-do', attitude. We offer a vibrant, hardworking and enjoyable environment.
- Co-ordinate and deliver commercial editorial content. Monitor industry press releases and rewrite for publication.
- Research and check facts from press releases and obtain additional quotes as necessary.
- Undertake visits to suppliers and operators and produce informative features and articles.
- Write news, features and other articles in routeone and other publications for use on digital platforms.
- Establish a profile within the sector and attend key events, shows and conferences.
- Deliver a smooth and effective copy flow. Carry out page proof reading and approval for routeone and related publications.
- Liaise with sales teams and ensure that all available leads are passed on and relevant commercial information is shared.
- Contribute to the development of profitable commercial opportunities and supplements for products in digital as well as traditional formats.
- Monitor the content of competitor magazines and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the sectors and competitors’ activity.
- Ensure all editorial content is promptly categorised, uploaded and tagged in accordance with website structure and requirements.
- Participate in the implementation of new editorially led digital products.
- Identify, source and upload additional editorial content for digital platforms.
- Display a level of competency with digital journalism and be familiar with the use of content management systems, including Wordpress.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the post.
- 2 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Experienced in gathering, writing and editing news.
- Excellent grasp of written English and a passion for writing accurately and without mistakes.
- Flawless grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to produce high-quality news and analysis stories that can be published with minimal editing.
- Ability to write quickly and accurately to deadlines.
- Ability to take feedback constructively and apply it accordingly.
- A team player - You will be adaptable, dependable and flexible.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum in addition to Bank Holidays.
- Matched pension contribution.
- Excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, gym membership, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
- A great working environment with lots of social activities.
- Start Date: ASAP.
Please email Helen Conway: HConway@divcom.co.uk with your cover letter and CV.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 7th June 2019.
Diversified Communications UK
Phone: 01273 645 110