|Posted:||Fri 30 Apr 2021|
|Closing Date:||Fri 14 May 2021|
|Employer:||Moose Partnership Ltd|
PR account executives
|Employment Type:||Full time|
An exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic marketing and PR agency based in Gloucester.
We are looking for the right person with a passion for journalism/PR/news/social media and desk top publishing (and with a sense of humour), to grow and develop the agency’s market-leading business-to-business website www.punchline-gloucester.com and magazine, Punchline Gloucester.com.
Punchline has grown spectacularly over the past ten years to become Gloucestershire’s biggest and leading business news publication both online and in-print.
To continue the success story we are looking for a self-starter who can write and research content for our website and magazine. You will also help with our email-bulletins and social media campaigns which drive traffic to the website. The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic, have a desire to learn and be highly motivated and organised.
This is an ideal opportunity for a local/regional newspaper journalist looking to carry on using their journalistic skills while the same time move into PR and marketing.
- Updating www.Punchline-gloucester.com website and social media
on a daily basis using a content management system
- Creating and sending email marketing campaigns
- Writing and researching content for the website
- Interview senior business and civic leaders, and analyse and report on all aspects of business in the region
- Attend various business events and report on outcomes
- Taking photographs to help build content for the site
- Sourcing quotes and providing support with creative direction
- Writing content for magazine
- Planning page layouts for magazine
- Helping distribute by hand with the rest of the team the printed publication approx. 12,000 to 14,000 magazines
- Writing and distributing press releases for local, regional, national media and trade publications
- Ad hoc and administrative support for the marketing team as required
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Contact local companies and promote the company/sell within the publication/online/agency [training to be given]
- Client/account management for agency ie. Meeting clients, presentations, helping to plan and schedule events/media management/buying/full agency role
- Writing and selling in of client and agency press releases
Skills and Experience Essential:
- Have two years journalism experience, ideally with knowledge of writing for a business audience
- Qualification in a creative practice such as journalism NCTJ/ PR or media experience or have worked as a journalist for a local/regional paper
- Be a skilled writer
- Ideally must have min three A-levels including English
- Excellent grammatical, written and communication skills
- Strong IT skills particularly website and Microsoft Office
- Experience in using Adobe creative suite
- Experience in using social media
- Ability to project a professional company image both by telephone and in-person
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of the team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have an interest in current affairs
- Must have full clean driving license and be a car owner
- Must have a good sense of humour
- Basic knowledge of html and ftp
- Full training will be given, but experience in marketing would be advantageous
Hours of Work:
Generally, Monday to Fridays 8.30am and 5.30pm 38 hours per week, although some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
This post is subject to a six-month probationary period and references. Written test will be required.
Closing date: Sunday 14th May 2021
Strictly no agencies
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 14th May 2021.
Moose Partnership Ltd United Kingdom