Senior Features Writer
|Posted:||Wed 12 Jun 2019|
|Closing Date:||Wed 26 Jun 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||News and Content Agencies|
Fantastic opportunity for experienced journalists.
As a key member of our team, you’ll be working with families at the centre of the biggest stories of the day. This hugely rewarding position requires excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and clear thinking in challenging situations. You will also be a talented, experienced features writer who is able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of social media and an understanding of its associated marketing potential.
Your role will involve:
- Generating stories from scratch and sourcing your own clients.
- Interviewing clients and writing their stories for a range of women’s magazines and national newspapers.
- Advising clients on media strategy.
- Liaising with the national media and negotiating terms for coverage.
- Most likely, you are a features writer with a good agency or daily/evening regional paper.
- You have a terrier-like tenacity to chase and land big stories.
- You are creative with an ability to generate off-diary stories using your own contacts and ideas.
- You can produce high quality news and features copy to a tight timescale.
- To operate at the centre of the biggest story of the day.
- To see your work published in weekly magazines, national newspapers and on national TV.
- To meet remarkable people and develop top level contacts in the industry.
- To live in a vibrant, bustling city.
You are seeking:
- A good salary (around £20k - £25k with lots of scope and no upper limit).
- A brilliant career move with an established, dynamic company - a leader in its sector.
Please apply by email only. Include a cover letter explaining why you are suitable, your CV and send examples of your work to email@example.com.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 26th June 2019.