Reporter and Chief Reporter
Lancashire Telegraph and Bury Times
|Posted:||Thu 14 Oct 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mon 8 Nov 2021|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Competitive + bonus|
Newsquest Lancashire is looking for two top-class journalists – a trainee or senior reporter to work on its flagship daily the Lancashire Telegraph and a chief reporter to lead the news agenda on its best performing weekly the Bury Times.
We are seeking ambitious, digitally skilled and versatile journalists to unearth the best breaking news, features, leisure and trending stories on two incredibly lively patches.
You will be passionate about digital storytelling, be hard-working, full of ideas and have a desire to come up with innovative ways of presenting stories across various platforms.
A big part of the job will also be immersing yourself in social media, developing relationships and understanding what matters to the community.
We want to tell the stories our audiences care about - from covering crime and local politics, to telling powerful human interest and championing the best of our local communities.
You’ll also ask the questions that hold power to account and want to play a part helping communities build back following the pandemic. The roles are based at our friendly newsrooms in Blackburn and Bolton.
You will be a fully qualified senior reporter or an outstanding trainee with gold standard NCTJ preliminary qualifications and 100wpm
A driving licence is essential, as is access to a car. We work on a rota basis with some early and late shifts as well as some weekend working.
* If you have a journalism degree which is not NCTJ accredited we will provide the relevant additional training for you to become a fully NCTJ qualified journalist.
You will be:
- Brimming with ideas on how to tackle the remit and get the most out of it digitally
- Fully across what digital readers want from local news coverage
- A digital native, with digital storytelling at the forefront of all you do
- Excellent at developing relationships with key contacts to improve coverage
- Driven to succeed using the digital analytics tools at your disposal
- A self-starter, brilliant with time management
Perks of the job:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee rewards programme
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 4th November 2021.
Newsquest Lancashire United Kingdom