The Insurance Insider
|Posted: Fri 9 Nov 2018||Closing Date: Fri 7 Dec 2018|
|Employer:||Euromoney/The Insurance Insider|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||£22,000 to £24,000 per annum|
|Sector:||Specialist Media, Other Media|
The Insurance Insider is looking for a journalist to join its award-winning editorial team in London as a Reporter.
The role will offer a graduate or second-job reporter the opportunity to hone their skills at a highly respected and fast-growing magazine that covers the global (re)insurance sector.
The Insurance Insider is a hard-hitting and fiercely independent news magazine based in London and New York that consistently breaks major news in its sector ahead of its competitors and the mainstream financial press, while providing intelligent analysis and insightful opinion to senior leaders in the industry.
The insurance market allows us to cover a broad range of subject areas, including: natural catastrophes; man-made disasters; M&A; IPOs; The City; company financials; regulation and FinTech.
We are also part of Euromoney Institutional Investor, a FTSE250 media company, offering on-the-job training, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), a good defined contribution pension scheme and other company benefits.
The Reporter will be on the frontline, hunting out and writing on-diary news, as well as developing a network of industry contacts so that they can contribute to the magazine’s culture of scoops.
The successful candidate will:
- Be tenacious and resilient and have a genuine desire to break stories first
- Have an aptitude for cultivating contacts and network-building
- Be intellectually sharp and prepared to make a sustained effort to gain a sophisticated understanding of a complex market over and above that expected by most trade titles
- Be able to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Be numerate
- Want to work collaboratively with the existing close-knit team rather than in competition with them
- A news background, particularly within a B2B magazine environment, an advantage
The Insurance Insider:
- is an award-winning title that is globally recognised as the leading title in the sector
- has 12 dedicated journalists and five analysts split between London and New York
- has grown subscription revenues 30 percent in the last year
- publishes online news, analysis and content online, via email and as PDFs
- is part of publishing house Euromoney, a London-listed company in the FTSE 250
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Charlie Thomas at email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 7th December 2018.
Euromoney/The Insurance Insider United Kingdom