News Team (SWNS Group)
|Posted: Wed 11 Apr 2018||Closing Date: Wed 25 Apr 2018|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||News and Content Agencies|
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a reporter to join the Birmingham news-gathering team at SWNS, the UK’s biggest news agency group.
We create, syndicate and distribute entertaining news content to the world’s biggest publishers from our network of offices across Britain and the US.
We are looking for a confident and outgoing reporter who relishes the challenge of a fast-paced and forward-thinking newsgathering business.
The role is based at our office in Birmingham but go far beyond covering a traditional ‘patch’. Your responsibilities will include:
- Covering breaking news events including court cases, inquests and tribunals.
- Developing content from our syndication partners into national news material.
- Handling exclusive leads from our many newsgathering sources.
- Sourcing stories and viral media assets from social media.
- Fulfilling commissions for national newspapers, websites and magazines.
SWNS has a long track record for producing world class journalists, with past reporters going on to careers at The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, ITV and the Independent.
The ideal candidate will have previous newspaper experience and be able to hit the ground running. But we will also consider applications from ambitious trainees or graduates.
All applicants must:
- Have an NCTC qualification or similar, 100wpm shorthand, and a driving licence.
- Be confident and personable with the ability to quickly strike a rapport with people.
- Have a punchy and popular writing style which is quick and accurate.
- Be confident when out on the road working alone and meeting the public.
- Have a sharp eye for a story and the competitive drive to develop them into print.
- Be a fast learner with bags of energy who is willing to jump in at the deep end.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and energetic working environment and the best career prospects in the business.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 25th April 2018.