Regional Business Editor
North West Business Insider
|Posted:||Tue 22 Jun 2021|
|Closing Date:||Tue 17 Aug 2021|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Independent regional B2B media company Insider Media is looking for a talented Business Editor with a passion for print to join its editorial team in Manchester.
Based in Manchester city centre, a hub of business activity, innovation and globally significant developments, the role will be to write for Insider’s market-leading business magazine, interview senior business leaders, analyse and report on all aspects of business in the region.
The Business Editor will also take the stage at some of our events and support our digital news team with exclusive news items and leads. Insider’s North West division hosts more events than any other region and the successful candidate should enjoy public speaking and interaction with an audience.
This is an exciting and rewarding role for an ambitious individual keen to develop a career in business journalism.
Reporting to the Editor the Business Editor will:
- Have 3+ years journalism experience, ideally with knowledge of writing for a business audience
- Ideally have an English or Journalism degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Be a highly organised individual able to prioritise the events and editorial workload to meet tight deadlines
- Be able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability
- Be creative and forthcoming with new ideas and features
- Be a skilled writer, able to get to the heart of complex business subjects
- Be comfortable in front of an audience online and in person. The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to present to audiences both small (chairing round table events for circa 8 – 10 attendees) and large black tie dinners for circa 500 people or more
- Be social-media savvy and keen to engage with our audience in print, in person and online
- Feature writing for North West Business Insider. The successful candidate will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how entrepreneurs are increasing profit and making their businesses successful across a wide range of business sectors to inspire and inform our readers
- Demonstrating a strong awareness of complex business issues and conveying information that is of benefit to company directors, owners and senior business leaders
- Organising, chairing, compering and writing articles post-events such as round table discussions, networking events, panel debates and black-tie dinners
- Building contacts, developing and maintaining relationships in the North West business community
- Contributing new ideas and features that are commercially viable
- Working closely with the Editor and Membership team to increase awareness and grow the readership
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right applicant. All staff have a personal development plan as we offer careers, not just a job. This job is suited to someone with the ambition to become an Editor at Insider. With five magazine divisions across the UK, Insider considers that filling future vacancies for Editors from within is important. That means that anyone taking up this role has real opportunities for career progression in future.
How to apply
Send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 17th August 2021.
Insider Media United Kingdom