Regional Business Editor
Insider Media Ltd
|Posted: Thu 5 Apr 2018||Closing Date: Mon 30 Apr 2018|
|Employer:||Insider Media Limited|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Insider Media Limited is the UK’s largest regional B2B media company. Insider is continually growing and expanding its portfolio of B2B services and products and is looking for a talented Business Editor to join the senior editorial team in the North West.
The North West is thriving and this role is based in Manchester city centre, a hub of business activity, innovation and globally significant developments. The role will be to write for Insider’s market-leading business magazine, interview senior business leaders, and analyse and report on all aspects of business in the region. The Business Editor will also take the stage at some of our events and support our digital news team with exclusive news items and leads.
The right applicant will have a strong command of feature writing. Experience of hosting events will also be advantageous. Insider’s North West division hosts more events than any other region and the successful candidate should enjoy public speaking and interaction with an audience.
The role is busy and demanding and will suit an ambitious individual keen to develop their career in a dynamic region.
Reporting to the Editor of the North West division, the Business Editor will:
- Ideally already have experience of writing for B2B magazines.
- Educated to degree level with ideally (but not essential) an English or Journalism degree.
- Be a highly organised individual able to prioritise the events and editorial workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability and pride in the publication. The role will suit someone looking for a role that is fast-paced, wide-ranging, challenging and rewarding.
- Be a skilled writer, able to get to the heart of complex business subjects. The successful candidate will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how successful businesses are run to inspire and inform our readers.
- Support the Editor and take responsibility for specific events such networking breakfast debates, round table discussions and black tie dinners
- Take responsibility for ensuring that specific business sector coverage in the magazine is the very best it can be for our readership, which comprises business owners and senior managers.
- Be comfortable in front of an audience and no stranger to speaking to audiences both small (chairing round table events for circa 8 – 10 attendees) and large black tie dinners for circa 500 people or more.
- Be social-media savvy and keen to engage with our audience in print, in person and online.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right applicant. For those who are ambitious this role will lead to further promotion for the right person.
All staff have a personal development plan as we offer careers, not just a job. This job is suited to someone with the ambition to become an Editor at Insider. With five magazine divisions across the UK, Insider considers that filling future vacancies for Editors from within is important. That means that anyone taking up this role has real opportunities for career progression in future.
How to apply
Send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company description: Insider Media is the UK’s largest independent regional B2B magazine, event and online publisher. Insider magazines provide business information of interest to company owners and directors. Events range from black tie award dinners to smaller gatherings for business leaders. Insider has over 100,000 online subscribers to its digital news service.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 30th April 2018.
Insider Media Limited United Kingdom