Regional Business Editor
Yorkshire Business Insider
|Posted:||Tue 16 Mar 2021|
|Closing Date:||Fri 16 Apr 2021|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Regional Media, Specialist Media|
Independent regional B2B media company Insider Media is looking for a talented Business Editor with print magazine experience to join its editorial team in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Business Insider is the only monthly, pan-Yorkshire, business magazine. The division hosts business events in-person and online and has a market-leading regional email newsletter.
Reporting to the Editor the Business Editor will:
- Have 2+ years journalism experience, ideally with knowledge of writing for a business audience.
- Have an English or Journalism degree or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Be a highly organised individual able to prioritise the events and editorial workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability and pride in the publication.
- Be a skilled writer, able to get to the heart of complex business subjects
- Be comfortable in front of an audience online and in person. The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to present to audiences both small (chairing round table events for circa 8 – 10 attendees) and large black tie dinners for circa 500 people or more.
- Be social-media savvy and keen to engage with our audience in print, in person and online.
- Feature writing for Yorkshire Business Insider. The successful candidate will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how entrepreneurs are increasing profit and making their businesses successful across a wide range of business sectors to inspire and inform our readers.
- Demonstrating a strong awareness of complex business issues and conveying information that is of benefit to company directors, owners and senior business leaders.
- Organising, chairing, compering and writing up events such as round table discussions, networking events, panel debates and black tie dinners.
- Building contacts, developing and maintaining relationships in the Yorkshire business community.
- Contributing new ideas and features that are commercially viable.
- Working closely with the Editor and Membership team to increase awareness and grow the readership.
If you feel you have the requisite skills and experience to apply for the role of Business Editor and you are interested in progressing your career in journalism, send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company description: Insider Media is the UK’s largest independent regional B2B magazine, event and online publisher. Insider magazines provide business information of interest to company owners and directors. Events range from black tie award dinners to smaller gatherings for business leaders. Insider has over 100,000 online subscribers to its digital news service.
SKILLS: Editing, journalism, magazines, writing, business-to-business B2B, social media, publications, business, public speaking, corporate events
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 15th April 2021.
Insider Media United Kingdom