|Posted: Wed 11 Jul 2018||Closing Date: Fri 27 Jul 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||up to £26,000 per annum|
We are recruiting a talented journalist to join our editorial production department in Norwich working on our award-winning newspaper titles covering the UK.
With an understanding of what makes a good story and how to present it well, you will be a qualified journalist with experience of working in a print environment.
We want people who understand the future is digital but still love newspapers and realise print will always have a role to play. A knowledge and understanding of the Atex content management system would be an advantage.
The salary for this role is up to £26,000 pa based on experience.
Print journalists help coordinate and check completed pages on newspaper titles throughout the group which covers four daily newspapers – including the Eastern Daily Press and East Anglian Daily Times – together with 50 weekly titles from East Anglia to the South West.
The ideal candidate will have newspaper experience, great communication skills, knowledge of legal and ethical issues as well as an ability to assess the suitability of content for the brand.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to work quickly, accurately and pragmatically. Print journalists operate within agreed workflows but must also have the confidence to make their own decisions as required.
The role offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks annual leave and a contributory pension and life assurance scheme (after qualifying period) and a wide range of voluntary benefits include a Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and Archant Gold, charity matched funding.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, July 27, 2018.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, email your completed application along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Kaye Nichols.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 27th July 2018.
Archant United Kingdom