PR Account Director
Red Setter Limited
|Posted: Fri 21 Sep 2018||Closing Date: Fri 2 Nov 2018|
|Employer:||Red Setter Limited|
Other media roles
PR & comms officers
PR account executives
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Red Setter is the global PR agency for design consultancies. Based in central Brighton, our team of 22 PR professionals, journalists and senior marketers work with the world’s most exciting design agencies getting them noticed and chosen.
Our clients are all creative design agencies, delivering services such as branding, packaging, motion graphics and digital to a wide range of sectors from FMCG to property, retail, professional services, leisure, travel, financial services, and public sector. They are based around the globe London, NYC, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, Sydney, San Francisco, Mexico City, and many places in between. We are partners with the industry body, the Design Business Association. We know this sector, and are well known in it as the people to go to when an agency wants to grow its reputation or client base.
We take a different approach to many traditional PR agencies – creating high quality editorial for our clients, and integrating our campaigns with new business activity – and we get outstanding results.
In just the past few months our clients have been featured in national newspapers such as The Guardian and The Times, business media like City AM and Management Today, consumer media like Stylist and Monocle, leading trade titles such as The Grocer, Harpers, and Property Week, and all our own sector press like Adweek, Design Week, The Drum, Campaign, It's Nice That, and Transform.
We lose few clients and win a steady stream of new ones through recommendation and referral. We've built a strong foundation - a solid client base, a fantastic team, and a reputation as the people to speak to when you want to grow your agency - and over the next 3-5 years we plan to build on this with significant expansion of our team in Brighton, London and NYC.
The Account Director is a senior role in our agency, will join an established and growing account group, and will play a pivotal role in the future of our agency.
In this role you will be accountable for the retention of your clients, and the management of a team that delivers activity to those clients.
Broadly this is achieved in these ways:
- gaining a clear, ongoing understanding of the client’s objectives in hiring Red Setter, and mapping out a plan that continually leads to the achievement of those objectives
- building strong relationships with those clients so they give us what we need, and they understand the value of the results we achieve for them
- managing a Media Consultant, a Writer and an Account Executive to ensure delivery of all activity detailed in those plans
- working closely with the Editorial Director on campaign strategy and team development
You will be an experienced and senior PR Account Director with many years’ experience leading PR campaigns.
You will understand what it takes to make PR campaigns work. You will be able to confidently guide clients, many of whom are inexperienced at PR, through the complexities and subtleties of a campaign.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Passionate about design: All our clients are design agencies and we love the work they create; if you don’t get excited by beautiful design, effective design, and the transformative potential of design then we’re probably not the right place for you
- Fun: We only hire people we like, and we like positive, upbeat, people, who smile, and who find ways to make things work
- Intelligent: we need someone who can understand our clients and the briefs they give us, who can find angles and ideas for getting our clients into the media
- Hard-working: we’re looking for someone who is energetic and always wanting to deliver more
- Literate: We are an editorially-led PR agency, so we need you to be able to write well and to edit the work of a senior and experienced writer
- Organised: The role is varied and you need to keep on top of a lot of information from a wide range of sources, so you need to be able to organise it all, never miss a deadline and make sure our campaigns keep to plan
- Keen to improve: At all levels of our organisation we are all working to improve our skills and knowledge so we can do a better job for our clients
- Flexible: We’re always improving the way we work, so your role will develop and evolve
- Self-starting: We want someone who will take the initiative, who’ll get things sorted out, and who can lead their campaigns from the front
- Trustworthy: Your team need someone who they can rely on day in day out to deliver for them as much as they’ll deliver for you
- Potential: We want someone who has the potential to grow beyond this role and to develop their career with Red Setter
What we offer
The annual salary is £50,000 (pro rata for part-time). In addition we offer a company pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, and 25 days paid holiday plus the day off on your birthday.
Red Setter is a lovely place to work. We love our central Brighton office space, we have frequent social events – from after-work drinks on the beach to an annual overseas trip - Berlin last year - and there’s a fun, happy and friendly vibe in the office.
Aside from all this, we have fantastic clients. Our clients are without exception brilliant, lovely and fun people to work for, and we genuinely enjoy telling the world about them and their work.
Finally, there is scope for progression here. Since we were founded in Brighton in 2012 we’ve grown turnover by 50% year-on-year, and this is creating exciting opportunities for the right people throughout the agency.
CVs to Alex Blyth, Co-Owner & Editorial Director – email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 2nd November 2018.
Red Setter Limited United Kingdom