Insider Media Ltd
|Posted: Thu 8 Mar 2018||Closing Date: Wed 28 Mar 2018|
|Employer:||Insider Media Ltd|
|Employment Type:||Part time|
Insider Media Ltd requires an experienced sub-editor for 3 days per week (Wednesday - Friday).
The sub-editor supports the production of five regional business magazines.
The role involves ensuring that all copy in the Insider series of magazines is factually correct, free from typographical errors, of a high standard and that all page deadlines are met.
The sub-editor will edit stories in line with the established house style, maximising their value and relevance to readers. This includes rewriting where necessary, while retaining the author’s voice and keeping the original meaning intact.
As part of the production team, the sub-editor will liaise with regional editors and designers to maintain the smooth running of each title and flag up quality and accuracy issues. The sub-editor reports into the editorial director.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a minimum of two years’ sub-editing experience with a regional newspaper or leading business magazine
• Have an impeccable grasp of English grammar
• Be proficient at using InDesign
• Be able to perform well under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Be able to multitask and manage the workload effectively, keeping several magazines running smoothly
Insider Media is the UK’s largest regional magazine publisher and an attractive salary will be offered to the right applicant.
To apply, send a full CV and covering letter to:
Miri Thomas, group editorial director, Insider Media Ltd
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 28th March 2018.
Insider Media Ltd United Kingdom