|Posted: Wed 30 May 2018||Closing Date: Wed 6 Jun 2018|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Salary:||Competitive plus bonuses and benefits|
|Sector:||News and Content Agencies|
Amazing new opportunity for self-starting journalist to work as a reporter at one of the UK’s leading press agencies. The successful candidate would be following in the footsteps of various recruits who have taken up journalism jobs at leading newspapers and news websites after training with us.
Based at MediaCityUK, Cavendish Press has an unrivalled reputation for producing agenda-setting and top quality news stories, photographs and features so we need reporters who can think on their feet, who thrive under pressure who will go that extra mile to land a big story and work as part of a team.
1/ Why we want you:
We want a go-getting enthusiastic journalist who can enhance the success of our award winning newsroom and produce cutting edge news, feature and real life stories to deadline from one of Britain’s busiest news patches to the national newspapers and magazines both here and abroad.
2/ What your role will involve:
You will be based outside the office and will be sourcing, interviewing and writing the biggest news and feature stories from across the North West of England and beyond. You will liaise with our news editor, feature team and also the picture desk to ensure your stories are complemented by a package of hard hitting pictures. You will also have an interest in covering courts, tribunals and inquests.
3/ Your "must have" skills and background in the media:
* You must be NCTJ qualified with a minimum 100 wpm shorthand
*You will need to show excellent communication and people skills and have clear, incisive and lateral thinking.
* You must have an excellent grasp of the written word and be able to turn your hand to different writing styles when required.
* You must have a razor sharp news sense and a fervent interest in the day’s current affairs, popular culture and what makes national newspapers, websites and magazines tick.
* You will be someone who can thrive under pressure use your own initiative and be willing to work flexible hours to land the big stories and meet the demands of daily deadlines.
* You will need a full clean driving license with your own transport
Email your applications and your CV to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 6th June 2018.