Marketing and Digital Media Officer
|Posted: Thu 13 Sep 2018||Closing Date: Fri 28 Sep 2018|
Digital content producers
PR & comms officers
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Public Relations, Other Media|
Marketing and Digital Media Officer, Brighter Futures
Closing date: 28 September 2018
Sector: Charitable, Mental Health, Housing Assoc
At Brighter Futures, helping people to lead fulfilled lives is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that with tailored support our customers can be empowered to recognise and develop their strengths, confidence and aspirations and manage their lives positively.
Our team of over 200 staff and volunteers supports people with complex needs through personalised accommodation, employment, training and mental health support.
We are looking to recruit an interim freelance marketing and digital content professional to support a number of key projects for a 3 to 6-month period.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a marketing and digital person with a panache for PR and a drive to deliver dynamic digital content to make a real difference. You must be happy to get stuck in and be hands on - it’s about creating impactful content, implementing it online and getting us seen in the media. You should be able to hit the ground running, show initiative and deliver great content.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Marketing and Campaigns Manager to deliver marketing campaigns and develop digital content.
- Produce and rewrite content for our shiny new website we’ll be developing.
- Lead on the maintenance and updating of our website and social media channels for fresh topical content including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, blogs.
- Author content including multi-media such as video that supports us to achieve our objectives including specialist features, case studies and press releases.
- Identify opportunities for positive media exposure and help us to build appropriate connections to raise our profile.
- Use your journalistic skill to research technics to gather content and material writing in a style that reflects our different audiences.
- Drive and deliver the daily content of our various digital media channels.
What you’ll need to have:
- Proven Journalistic or PR experience of creating content and getting content seen and heard.
- Experience of using website CMS such as WordPress.
- Proven experience in marketing and digital comms
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, web 2.0 applications
- Excellent communication skills written, oral and presentation
- Proficient in use of digital photography including basic photo, video and audio editing
- A willingness to work with volunteers
- Experience of contributing to and maintaining social media sites
- An ability to work well under pressure and be self-motivated
- A can do positive approach
- A commitment to equality and diversity.
- Clean driving license required.
If you’re thinking 'let me at it!', you could be the person for us. Let’s find out more.
To discuss the role in more detail please contact Nicola Brophy on 01782 406000
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 28th September 2018.
Brighter Futures United Kingdom