Local Democracy Reporter
Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News
|Posted:||Mon 7 Jun 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mon 21 Jun 2021|
Local democracy reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
LOCAL DEMOCRACY REPORTER
Are you passionate about politics?
The Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News need a qualified, senior journalist to cover council politics as part of the BBC Local Democracy Reporting scheme.
You will keep our readers engaged with all local democratic issues and ensure that all matters, decisions and issues relating to the public authorities are covered in an impartial and audience-friendly way. You will attend county-wide meetings exploring new stories and following up on topics that matter to the community.
You will be adept at generating multimedia content which engages the public and meets standards set by the partnership in terms of quality, consistency and legal accuracy· You will be a public ambassador for the project and become a trusted source of news and information about the public authorities covered.
This full-time role is based in our offices in Norwich but will involve driving throughout the county. You will be a fully-qualified journalist with several years’ experience.
YOU WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF AND BE ABLE TO:
- Deliver strong content in a multimedia way on a daily basis.
- Focus primarily on text but also provide images, audio and video when required.
- Write content in a way which engages and drives audience including SEO and social media awareness
- Ensure all content is politically neutral and provides a fair reflection of views
- Ensure agendas for councils and public bodies are scrutinised, identifying issues and stories which need to be brought to the public’s attention.
- Work with your content editor, identify which meetings need to be covered and reported
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
- Be active on social media, in line with partnership policies, to build audiences and communities
- Ensure all content produced has suitable metadata attached
- Deliver live coverage as and when required
- Provide two-way interviews for broadcast media as and when required
- Provide monthly report on key issues and themes from public authorities for stakeholder
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary up to £25k
- Full 25 days paid holiday+ statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Volunteer work day
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 21st June 2021.
Archant United Kingdom