DC Thomson Media
|Posted:||Thu 23 Sep 2021|
|Closing Date:||Wed 20 Oct 2021|
|Employer:||DC Thomson Media|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
DC Thomson Media is looking for a news reporter to join its Live team in Aberdeen.
This team is the beating heart of our Inverness and Aberdeen newsrooms, working in a fast-paced environment to create digital-first content. We tell our readers what they need to know and what they will undoubtedly want to know, working on breaking news across the region as well as trending stories relevant to our audience.
This well-resourced team is fundamental in maintaining the Press and Journal and Evening Express brands' reputations for producing quick, reliable and trusted news better than anyone else in our geographies.
We are looking for a journalist preferably with newsroom experience who can hit the ground running in our Aberdeen city centre office.
We want people who will thrive in an environment of turning around stories quickly and seeing the immediate response from our digital audiences. They should have an understanding of digitally optimising content making use of a range of multimedia tools.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a journalist, preferably with newsroom experience, and be able to demonstrate finding their own stories and how to make them digitally optimised.
- Be willing to work shifts, including weekends on a rota basis.
- Have a passion for working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a willingness to embrace new skills and tools in the digital arena such as SEO, social media, video, audio etc.
- Ability to work in a team, collaborating on ideas and sharing responsibility for meeting newsroom targets
- Have highly-developed communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of the Editors' Code of Practice, GDPR and media law
- Shorthand preferable
- Have a full driving licence
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
For further information, please visit: www.dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th October 2021.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 20th October 2021.
DC Thomson Media Dundee,DD4