Red Setter Limited
|Posted:||Tue 21 May 2019|
|Closing Date:||Tue 18 Jun 2019|
|Employer:||Red Setter Limited|
Other media roles
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Red Setter is the PR and marketing partner to the world's most exciting design agencies. Based in central Brighton, our team of 20 PR professionals, journalists and senior marketers turn design agencies' work and expertise into editorial that journalists want to publish and decision-makers want to read.
Our clients are in London, New York, Stockholm, Sydney and many places in between. They’re all creative design agencies, delivering services such as branding, packaging, motion graphics and digital to a wide range of sectors from FMCG to property, retail, professional services, leisure, travel, financial services, and public sector. They range from the smallest to the largest agencies, but they're all brilliant at what they do - we help them tell the world about it.
We are partners with the industry body, the Design Business Association. We know this sector, and are well known in it as the people to go to when an agency wants to grow its reputation or client base.
We take a different approach to many traditional PR agencies – creating high quality editorial for our clients, and integrating our campaigns with broader marketing activity – and we get outstanding results.
In just the past few months our clients have been featured in national newspapers such as The Guardian and The Times, business media like City AM and Management Today, consumer media like Stylist and Monocle, leading trade titles such as The Grocer, Harpers, and Property Week, and all our own sector press like Adweek, Design Week, The Drum, Campaign, It's Nice That, and Transform.
We lose few clients and win a steady stream of new ones through recommendation and referral. We've built a strong foundation - a solid client base, a fantastic team, and a reputation as the people to speak to when you want to grow your agency - and we're now looking to grow our team again.
We are looking to hire an In-House Journalist to take the lead on gaining media coverage and writing articles for an existing group of clients.
This person will take stories from agencies, and turn them into coverage in leading business titles and national newspapers, as well as in the marketing and design media.
Specific tasks will include:
1) Writing news releases
- Receiving briefings from our clients on their work
- Writing news releases, editing through approval stages, and making all final copy checks
- Compiling all imagery
2) Writing think-pieces
- Taking face-to-face briefings from clients
- Writing articles of around 800-1200 words
3) Finding and creating media opportunities
- Building strong relationships with key journalists
- Pitching in article ideas
- Contributing client comments for articles
4) Working with your team
- Working closely with your Account Director and Senior Account Executive to deliver to an established and growing client base, and with the Editorial Director to deliver outstanding editorial.
This position will suit someone who has several years’ experience of journalism, or possibly B2B PR, and is looking to take the next step up to become one of our core PR team.
Above all else you need to be a strong writer who loves hunting out PR opportunities, talking to journalists, building relationships with them and delivering exciting media ideas for clients.
You will have a good academic degree, and a sharp, enquiring and flexible mind that will love the challenge of working across so many sectors, ideas, and people.
Qualities we’re looking for:
• Passionate about design: All our clients are design agencies and we love the work they create; if you don’t get excited by beautiful design, effective design, and the transformative potential of design then we’re probably not the right place for you
• Fun: We only hire people we like, and we like positive, upbeat, people, who smile, and who find ways to make things work
• Intelligent: we need someone who can understand our clients and the briefs they give us, who can find angles and ideas for getting our clients into the media
• Hard-working: we’re looking for someone who is energetic and always wanting to deliver more
• Literate: We are an editorially-led PR agency, so we need you to be able to write well
• Organised: The role is varied and you need to keep on top of a lot of information from a wide range of sources, so you need to be able to organise it all, never miss a deadline and make sure our campaigns keep to plan
• Keen to improve: At all levels of our organisation we are all working to improve our skills and knowledge so we can do a better job for our clients
• Flexible: We’re always improving the way we work, so your role will develop and evolve
• Self-starting: We want someone who will take the initiative, who’ll get things sorted out, and who can lead their campaigns from the front
• Trustworthy: Your team need someone who they can rely on day in day out to deliver for them as much as they’ll deliver for you
• Potential: We want someone who has the potential to grow beyond this role and to develop their career with Red Setter
The annual basic salary is dependent on experience. We also offer a company pension scheme, childcare vouchers, and 25 days paid holiday plus the day off on your birthday.
Red Setter is a lovely place to work. We love being based in the heart of (sometimes) sunny Brighton, we have frequent social events – from after-work drinks on the beach to an annual overseas trip - Berlin last year - and there’s a fun, happy and friendly vibe in the office.
Aside from all this, we have fantastic clients. Our clients are without exception brilliant, lovely and fun people to work for, and we genuinely enjoy telling the world about them and their work.
Finally, there is scope for progression here. Since we were founded in Brighton in 2012 we’ve grown turnover by 50% year-on-year, and this is creating exciting opportunities for the right people throughout the agency.
CVs to Alex Blyth, Co-Owner & Editorial Director – email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 18th June 2019.
Red Setter Limited United Kingdom