Head of Communities
Nub News Limited
Based: Remote working
|Posted:||Tue 8 Jun 2021|
|Closing Date:||Tue 6 Jul 2021|
|Employer:||Nub News Limited|
Social media specialists
|Employment Type:||Full time|
HEAD OF COMMUNITIES
Nub News has quickly become one of the fastest growing online local newspapers in the country. We deliver local and relevant news in a pleasant format with no overly-intrusive adverts, annoying pop-ups or click-bait, with the emphasis on encouraging community cohesion.
We are pioneering a new generation of multi-skilled journalists who live in and are part of the communities in which they operate. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to community journalism and a thorough understanding of how the delivery of local news is rapidly changing. The candidate will have a proven track record in maximising audiences through social media platforms.
The HEAD OF COMMUNITIES’ responsibilities will include:
- Assisting our CEO with a roll-out of new Nub News towns throughout the UK.
- Recruitment of talented and committed journalists, both experienced and self-starters, to join our existing team of 33 reporters.
- Day-to-day management of the editorial team with overall responsibility for content and style, recognising the importance of video and live coverage, and establishing all sites as being at the nub of their community together with the ability to create and deliver ground-making reader involvement.
- Working with our Commercial Team to provide editorial initiatives to secure sponsorship deals with UK-wide and regional clients.
- Assisting our technical team to develop the sites in a manner which encourages our readers to look upon Nub News as the go-to media for local news, information and business support.
This is a unique and challenging appointment with a salary package (plus bonus plus share options) commensurate with the level of commitment the post requires.
Send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 6th July 2021.
Nub News Limited
Phone: 01297 680138